FOR THE BEST TRAVELLING GEAR & EQUIPMENT
Having been on the road backpacking through numerous different countries, cities, towns and nearly every corner of the world, it is imperative to have the best travelling gear to make sure that your journey runs as smoothly as possible. While you can’t control things like the weather, traffic, delayed flights and crazy local’s you can control what you take with you.
Kathmandu has always been one of my main go to stores for all my travelling, camping and hiking needs as they are exceptional quality, long lasting, durable and most importantly reliable.
Here is a list of all the Kathmandu pieces that I use for my travels:
The XT Pinnacle Men’s Down Jacket is the ultimate protection – warm, breathable and weatherproof. The Pinnacle is fully seam-sealed and constructed with box baffles that eliminate cold areas so you’ll stay dry and insulated. This jacket is super handy for those extreme cold environments and I especially found it useful when I climbed Mount Taranaki in New Zealand.
- Water repellent DownTek™ – 750 fill power goose down
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified – ensuring it’s traceable and ethical
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable Pertex™ Shield 2 layer fabric – to keep you comfy and dry
- Water repellent YKK™ VISLON™ AquaGuard™ two way front zip with an internal storm guard – open your jacket bottom-up to access your harness
- Comes with a stuff sack
This is a great alpine jacket! It helps to regulate your temperature so you’ll have less need to remove or add layers. The Exmoor comes resistant to wind and water, with extra breathability and lightweight warmth. I also use this on a daily basis during the winter as its super practical for commuting too.
- Breathable Polartec™ Alpha™ Direct™ insulation – you won’t have to add or remove layers when moving or stationary
- Pertex™ Quantum Air fabric which allows air flow – helping you to control your body heat and stay comfortable in the mountains
- Outer fabric has a Durable Water (DWR) finish – which encourages water to roll off the surface
- Pack-friendly, zip front pockets
- Two way front zip with an internal storm guard giving you extra protection
- Packs into its own internal pocket – part of our pack&GO travel solution
Head out well-prepared for your day hike with the latest Andulo Jacket. The Andulo will protect you from the elements while keeping you cool and comfy with its breathable fabric and mesh lining. Adjust the hem, cuffs or hood to suit the climate.
This is probably my favourite jacket I have ever owned and it is perfect for travelling!
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable fabric (NGX2) to keep you comfy and dry
- Mesh-lined and fully seam-sealed
- High collar for packing away your hood
- Two snug front pockets with soft, brushed lining
- Internal secure pocket with a cord port for media devices
- Adjustable hood, hem and cuffs to help protect you from the weather
This 70L Hybrid Trolley is the latest lightweight trolley bag that quickly converts into a backpack – because travel can be unpredictable. After a decade and a half of design evolution, the hugely popular Hybrid Trolley is better than ever. Kathmandu have thought of every tiny detail of the bag to strip out weight without compromising strength. Where they did take out weight, they added in comfort to make it the most comfortable, lightweight Hybrid I have ever used.
- Breathable fold out backpack harness
- Extendable handle
- Durable wheels
- Compression straps
- Gluon® daypack attachment points (Gluon® not included)
- Lockable zips
- Internal mesh pocket and front pocket
The 18L Gluon Beyond Pack gives you extra storage on the go. Attach it to the Hybrid Trolleys (above) or use it as a stand-alone daypack. Lockable zips and an internal security zip pocket help keep gear safe. This is such a durable bag and is super handy to have.
- The innovative Gluon system gives you extra storage and a detachable day pack
- Tuck away breathable harness
- Lockable main zip
- Internal zip pocket
- Internal document sleeve
- External front zip pocket
The Lansan Ultralight tent is perfect for people who want a weatherproof, lightweight and highly-spec’d tent, not a theme park with poles. This 2-person tent is designed for light and fast hiking, cycle-touring and travel. It’s simple and streamlined, with super-lightweight materials that meet demanding performance standards, making it an excellent safeguard from the elements. Take it with you while tramping into the interior, or pack it up to explore new countries.
- Waterproof, seam-sealed fly
- Lightweight materials
- Easy to pitch and pack up
- DAC Featherlite NSL alloy poles
- Breathable inner with water-repellent treatment
- Insect-proof mesh screen
- Tough waterproof floor
The Dry Bag is a durable, water-resistant storage bag. Ideal for camping and activities that involve transporting gear around water and in damp, humid conditions. This is perfect to keep all of your valuables such as laptops, tablets, phones, MP3’s, cameras and other items safe from getting water damage. This is a must have for travelling!
- Durable storage solution
- Water resistant fabric
- 25L – 56cm H x 30cm W x 30cm D
- 300D TPU Coated water-resistant fabric
This is a great technical performer for changing weather and mountain environments. The KMDAscent Men’s Long Sleeve Top offers you the benefits of synthetic and natural fibres for high and low activity. It features an odour control – Polygiene – perfect for your next multiday adventure.
Merino, polypropylene and polyester combine for optimal warmth and moisture management in varying conditions.
- Warm and quick drying with odour control
- ‘Use more, wash less’ with Polygiene – offering odour control by preventing bacterial growth on fabric
- A blend of synthetic and natural performance fibres
- Reduces evaporative cooling
Do you want a carry-on you can also check-in and use as a daypack? The innovative Federate Adapt Pack is that solution. It’s your versatile ‘three pack sizes in one’ adventure travel essential. Utilise this urban pack while journeying by bus, plane or train – because itineraries change. Featuring a seriously breathable harness that’s durable and constructed to last.
- Adaptable – transforms from a 50 litre check-in pack to a 38 litre carry-on bag, to a 28 litre day pack
- Breathable Air LT harness with exceptional carrying capability
- Cover – to zip your harness away when it’s time to check in
- Removable packing cell to keep your non-daypack items in your hotel room or hostel safe
- Detachable shoulder strap – to make transiting easier
- Two outer zip pockets – for your drink bottles, sunscreen or other on-hand items Inner 38 cm (15 in) laptop pocket and a tablet pouch
Blend in to your host country and culture with this urban-focused Federate Travel Pack. Durable and shaped for the city, this 28 litre pack can be compacted down to a smaller, slim line daypack. Suited to metropolitan travel whether you’re biking to work, on a day outing, or transiting by bus or plane.
- Breathable air mesh harness with a tuck away hip belt
- Airport friendly and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) approved – so you can keep your laptop in your bag
- Removable organiser
- Adjustable volume – can be compressed into a smaller, more manageable daypack
- Side access zip to the main compartment
- Handle sleeve and zip front pockets